National Current Affairs
Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill 2019
Union Cabinet approved the Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill 2019, This bill amends the Motor Vehicle Act 1998 The main provisions of the are followings
- Rupees 10,000 fine for anyone who is blocking the emergency services such as an ambulance.
- The fine is increased on the drink & drive 10,000 from 2,000. For helmet 100 to 1000, Speeding 500 to 5,000, etc.
- There are also changes in the rule of Driving license, Aadhar number will be mandatory for applying for a driving license and vehicle registrations, The validity of driving license cuts from 20 to 10 years. The upper age limit for renewal is 60 years.
Maratha Reservation Issue
In November 2018 the Government of Maharashtra passed a bill in the legislature in which 16% quota given to under the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) category. However, the court reduced the quota from 16% to 12-13%.
Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019
Lok Sabha Passed the bill. This bill seeks to extend the period for reconstitution of the Central Council from existing period of one year to two years so that the tenure of the Board of Governors may be extended for a further period of one year.
- The extension will be effective from 17th May 2019.
- The bill will help the Central Council of Homoeopathy in exercising the powers and performing functions of the Council.
Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Bill 2019
This bill amends the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005. The amendment of this bill seeks more international investment through single window clearance.
Economy Current Affairs
Koinex’s Shut Down
Indian cryptocurrency exchange Koinex’s Co-founder Rahul Raj has announced the closing of its operations, citing lack of banking support and regulatory uncertainty. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had barred banks from serving cryptocurrency exchanges and firms in April 2018.
- Lokayukta of Arunachal Pradesh-Justice Prasanta Kumar Saikia (Retired).
- Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya (P B Acharya)- Governor of Manipur.
Arjun IAS provides the best coaching to crack UPSC, MPPSC and other competitive exams