G-20 Summit at Osaka, Japan
G-20- A group of 19 countries and the European Union. The first G20 meeting took place in Berlin in 1999. Prior 2008 summit only attended by the Governors & Finance Ministers of the member countries. After 2008 financial crises make this council for President and Prime ministers level.
Full membership of the G20: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the European Union.
Extension of Rule of President for 6 months in Jammu & Kashmir
The Lok Sabha approved the resolution to the extent the President rule in Jammu & Kashmir for the next 6 month effective from 3rd July.
Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- It provides for amendments in the Jammu and Kashmir Reservation Act, 2004.
- Its gives reservation in jobs, promotions and education to people living 10 km from the International Border (IB) in Jammu.
- Earlier, the provision of 3% reservation was available only for youth living within 6 kms of LoC in J&K .
- Benefit of promotion to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, which include Gujjars and Bakarwals amongst others, has also been made applicable to the State of J&K.
- 10% reservation for economically weaker sections made applicable in J&K also.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- Central Government launched the “One Nation One Ration Card” Scheme for beneficiaries to access to any PDS shop across the country.
- The beneficiaries will be migrant workers who move to other states to seek better job opportunities.
- The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution will implement the scheme.
Go Tribal Campaign
- The government launched this campaign in New Delhi. To promote tribal handicraft and natural products
- The tribal products will be available in the US and will help establish an export market with tribal products. To this collaboration done with Amazon
- Tribal Affairs Ministry said TRIFED has organized this event to institutionalize collaborations and partnerships with different organizations to promote tribal products.
- India-born Priya Serrao has been crowned Miss Universe Australia 2019. Serrao is a law graduate born in India and works as a full-time policy adviser with the Australian government in Melbourne.