- UPSC has released a notification for IAS/IPS civil services exam (CSE) 2020 and Indian forest service (IFS) exam-2020.
- The last date to apply is 3rd March 2020, at 6 PM. But apply at earliest because exam centers are first applying first allot basis. Last year (2019) 22 days given for application.
- This time only 20 days given for application.
Vacancy & Important Dates
- Compared to last year, vacancies have been DECREASED. 796 this time.
- In 2019=896
- We can expect barely 10350 candidates clearing prelims-2020, compared to 11850 candidates who cleared prelims-2019. (13 times the ratio)
- Similarly, 2050 may be called for interviews against 2300 called for interviews of CSE-2019.
- No change in Age-Attempt limit (except J&K)
- It is the same as last year. The minimum age is 21 years.
- Age is counted on 1st August of 2020. i.e. i.e., he must have been born later than 1st August 1989
- Can last semester student apply?
–Candidates from last semester can apply. Once you clear prelims, you’ll have to fillip a new form called “Detailed application form” to appear in the UPSC Mains exam. With this form, you’ve to submit scanned copies of your graduation Certificate / last year mark sheet.
General / EWS Male and OBC male Rs.100 for Prelims, Rs. 200 for Mains. Female of any category No fees SC/ ST, PH no fees
- For More Details Click Here for official notification